Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Help with Fuel Injector project?

I have a question that I hope to get some feedback on about injectors etc.. I have no real experience with fuel injectors and need some feed back before I go off half ****** and waste my time. What I want to do is a science fair demonstration. Where I demonstrate the performance or operation of a fuel injector visually. This will demonstrate how the car's computer by controlling the signal to the injector it can meter the precise amount of fuel needed and any given speed by controlling the on time. What I want to do is get a cheap used injector and fuel pump a from a junk yard. Mount the injector on top, facing down and inside a enclosed transparent box, in air, 8 inches above a fuel reservoir. In the bottom of the box there will be a fuel pump submerged in my "fuel". A colored liquid that is non flammable for safety reasons. I'll use a 12dcv plug in power supply, for power to the fuel pump and injector. I will connect the fuel pump to the injector with copper tubing and with a simple button switch control the on time and showing the injector spraying fuel. Will this work as you see it? Any suggestions on safe fuel, is dyed water ok? What distance does the injector spray? Thank you for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment